Happy National Homemade Cookies Day!
Today were sharing Kims very own Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe to celebrate! Although it is super important to minimize sugar and eat your daily fruits and vegetables, we also know that most people love sweets! So, instead of picking the slice-and-bake brands of pre-made dough from the refrigerated section of the grocery store, we challenge you to make these cookies instead! The biggest step you can make toward a healthier lifestyle is to make your meals and treats from scratch, which is what we do in the Get Fresh kitchen!
And were at it again with this delicious recipe for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Lets take a quick look at one of the best options on the market for pre-made cookie dough: Immaculate Baking.
Immaculate Baking Organic Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Nutritional Information
Ingredients: Organic Unbleached Wheat Flour, Semisweet Chocolate Chunks (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla), Organic Palm Fruit Oil, Organic Brown Sugar, Organic Cane Sugar, Water, Organic Eggs, Vanilla Extract, Baking Soda, Sea Salt.
CONTAINS WHEAT, EGG AND SOY; MAY CONTAIN MILK INGREDIENTS.
Its really not the worst option in the world, but the sugar numbers are super high, and palm fruit oil isnt really the best ingredient. If youre in a pinch, this cookie dough will get the job done, but we highly recommend taking the extra 6 minutes of prep time to make your own from-scratch cookies! And if youre looking for more inspiration, heres a list of even MORE healthier cookie recipes! Enjoy!
Lemon-Almond-Chia Cookies (Vegan, Paleo)
Peanut-Butter Banana Oat Cookies (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 2 cups flour, unbleached
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (can sub room-temperature butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk (can sub whole milk)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat 350ºF.
- In a bowl mix flower, baking powder, and salt together.
- In large mixing bowl cream coconut oil (or butter), sugar, and vanilla. Mix in cinnamon & almond milk and slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake on 350º for 9-15 minutes. Be sure not to over-bake or they will be completely hard when they cool!
- You don’t need to grease the pan, but parchment paper is recommended.
- If using butter it is easier if it is a room temp. Coconut oil is liquid when it is warm, the recipe works with it as liquid or hardened.
- Make sure to cool your baking sheet between batches. If you use a warm/hot baking sheet the cookies will bake uneven.
- These cookies do not spread much while baking, so its ok to place them close together on the baking sheet.
- Do not over-bake! You want the cookies to look UNDERDONE if you want them to stay soft! Simply check the bottoms to make sure that they are just slightly browned. They get hard as they cool.
- It is easier to get them off the pan if you do it while they are still warm. Otherwise as they harden they stick to the pan.